Support of DocMorris‘ growth strategy with SAP
August 2, 2018
DocMorris is Europe’s largest mail-order pharmacy with a turnover of more than EUR 400 million p.a. with its head office in Heerlen, Netherlands. As a subsidiary of Zur Rose Group AG, DocMorris stands for secure, top-quality and comprehensive pharmaceutical care and counselling of more than 4 million customers – via telephone, mail, web, video-based internet live chat or also via the DocMorris pharmacy app.
This results in an especially ambitious environment for the digital support of DocMorris’ business model in times of expansion and increasing business volumes. The objective: Ensuring the scalability of existing SAP application systems.
consenso was commissioned to adjust the existing system landscape in terms of design and software for future growth options at DocMorris. In this context, the project focused on the following two questions:
How can the system landscape integrate further business models in a flexible and quick way?
How can the scalability of the process and system landscape be ensured with regard to the challenges of the existing business model (mail-order pharmacy) and under the premises of an organic (own expansion) or inorganic (acquisition) growth?
In the course of the project, consenso was able to answer these questions by a number of adjustments to processes and systems, including i.a.
- Interface optimisation of web shop communication and further non-SAP systems with the backend systems via SAP PI as well as integration of SAP CAR
- Optimisation of the existing SAP organisation structure concepts
- Enhancement of the existing master data concepts in the article and business partner environment
- Flexibilisation of the existing logistic core processes in SAP CRM, ERP and eWM
- Definition and enhancement of the existing financial accounting template
- Code analysis and dynamization of the existing in-house developments
Since the completion of this project, DocMorris has been able to react quickly and flexibly to the rapidly changing future business requirements in a dynamic growth market.
From our competence centre Merchandise Management
Categories: SAP ERP | SAP HANA | SAP CAR | SAP SDI | SAP eWM